If Not Now, Then When?

'If not now, then when Lord?' Azlyn cried out. She had latched herself in her room and was crying bitterly. Her lips quivered as she spat out these words in utter frustration.

She had unanswered prayers lined up. She was in the midst of a situation with no idea of what to do next or where to head. All she could do was cry. She thought God was a distant truth at this point; but deep down she knew that He was there-in control of her situation. But she was human and it was natural for her to be frustrated in the situation she was stuck in.

When she cried herself to sleep, she experienced something beautiful. She could feel she was in the arms of God! She could feel a peace that passed all understanding. She heard a gentle whisper that took away all her fears and filled her with hope and strength:
'My beautiful Azlyn, Let me remind you that you are not forgotten. Each time you feel I'm away, remember my promises. I am a promise keeper. Remember that I sacrificed my only Son because I loved you and I always will. So don't be dejected.
I know you are frustrated and I understand your state of mind. I won't condemn you for it. It is natural for you to feel that way. I created you with those emotions, honey.
You need to understand that I'm your father and I have plans for you to prosper. I care for you more than anyone else could. I know, according to you, there's a delay from my end; but I know the right time to do the right thing. You don't need to workout things your way and your time. Trust me. I know that sometimes it's necessary to cry and vent out your feelings, but there's no human there to understand how you feel. There are many out there to advise you. And all they do is advise. But you know that you can come to Me when you want to pour out your heart. You know that I'm always there to carry you in My arms and listen to all that you have to say.
Trust me Azlyn. I'm always at work in your life. I believe that you're worth every blessing. Don't look down upon yourself. I know there are people trying to pull you down. I know there are people trying to hurt you. But Azlyn, you need to stop worrying about those and you need to start thinking over your actions. And you'll be fine.
Cast all your cares on me my child. I will carry you through it all. Trust in my time. I'll make all things beautiful!'
Azlyn woke up after a couple of hours. She realised that it was the Spirit of God who refreshed her. She felt rejuvenated, relaxed: something that she longed to feel in weeks. She knew what she had to do now. Cast her worries on her true friend-Jesus Christ. She realised that God was not also an option, but God was her only option.

"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you. Just open your eyes, and see how the wicked are punished. If you make the LORD your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you up with their hands so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone. You will trample upon lions and cobras; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet! The LORD says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.””
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭91:1-16‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/psa.91.1-16.nlt

2 comments:

  1. Instead of focusing on your failures, focus on Christ who has delivered you from every defeat.

    “But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the Lord’s victory. He is with you….Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them tomorrow, for the Lord is with you!”
    2Chr 20:17. Yes Our God is always with us..its we who forget that His presence..and than try with our Strength..n we face failures..we just have to trust n walk in Faith...like Abraham Did..He was Righteous as He was walking in Faith and God loved it..today also God is searching that Faith in us...let us all just Depend totally on God..n than see how He will lead us all to the promise land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of focusing on your failures, focus on Christ who has delivered you from every defeat.

    “But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the Lord’s victory. He is with you….Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them tomorrow, for the Lord is with you!”
    2Chr 20:17. Yes Our God is always with us..its we who forget that His presence..and than try with our Strength..n we face failures..we just have to trust n walk in Faith...like Abraham Did..He was Righteous as He was walking in Faith and God loved it..today also God is searching that Faith in us...let us all just Depend totally on God..n than see how He will lead us all to the promise land.

    ReplyDelete

Can we trust our healthcare system?

 Battling the horrid situation of Covid with a baby growing inside of her, she succumbed to the struggles on Saturday morning at 7. The reas...