Be Ruth

As I grew,
What my mother taught me was all that I knew.

The Word of God will keep me from falling

And I need to abide by it without failing.

Mom knew when I was sad, angry, broken or mad

She always had a way to fix up things,

Her words of love and comfort in my ears still ring.

Now that I had to enter a new phase of life

I knew I had to let go of her and try to find love and comfort in his mother.

He and I courted for two years;

She seemed to be warm and loving,

My hopes arisen and I was at rest knowing that I’d be loved and cared for.

Today, as I stepped in the new shoe, all hopes shattered and me broken,

My mother knows it all as she feels my pain without me conveying;

Yet she is helpless and all she can do is strengthen.

‘Be Ruth’ is all that she can say.

But hardly does she realize how much that motivates me.

As I enter home I feel frozen and dead in the cold atmosphere,

Knowing I have no where else to go;

But then I abide in the shelter of the Almighty, resting in the cozy memories of mom,

And all I can again hear is ‘Be Ruth’…what she has taught me throughout.

I miss the gentle touch and I feel this is now my world;

I have to bend in order to mend, I have to cry and I have to try.

She isn’t bad, but for her love is for her girl and lad.

All I have is correction, hurt and words,

And I am to survive with that because I chose to live with that.

And Mom, you know I am strong, strong enough as you have prepared me to be;

Strong enough to continue gaining my strength from my Lord, My Rock;

I will fail you not, Mom.

With His joy being my strength, I can boldly say,

I don’t live with Naomi,

But all I remember is ‘Be Ruth’…and that I will.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I wrote this when I met a couple of girls going through this phase. Finally, God is the source of our strength.

      Delete
    2. So true! I wrote this when I met a couple of girls going through this phase. Finally, God is the source of our strength.

      Delete

Can we trust our healthcare system?

 Battling the horrid situation of Covid with a baby growing inside of her, she succumbed to the struggles on Saturday morning at 7. The reas...