A Letter to 'Myself"

Dear Self,

I'm sorry! I realize how much I've hurt you. 
I'm sorry for comparing you with others and making you feel that you're a failure. I'm sorry for not accepting you just as you are.
I'm sorry for the constant pressures you need to cope up with. Sorry for looking down upon you and not encouraging you to stand up strong each time you fall.
Sorry for making you feel that you're good for nothing. Sorry for being so negative towards you. 

And there are so many other things that I need to be sorry for. Despite it all, today, I want you to realize how important and precious you are.

People might label your physical being as 'fat', 'dark', 'short' or 'ugly'; but I want you to know that you are beautifully created. You are beautiful to the One who created you and that makes all the difference.

You are not defined by your past. You are a new creation and a better person. I choose to forgive you and let go all that has happened simply because I cannot condemn God's beloved.

You are not what your grades or education tells about you. You are not just all about your medals, achievements or loses. You're worth more than all of these.

Yes, you have failed a thousand times. But that's bound to happen as a you're just a human. That doesn't make you a failure. God doesn't see you as a failure. He loves you unconditionally. Each time you fall, you get to learn something that makes you a better person.

You are not a garbage dump. I'm sorry for letting all the negativity affect you so bad. You are a renewed mind full of hope, truth, trust and vision. People have let you down, but you are more than a conqueror each time you choose to stand strong and patient. God uses the weak to lead the strong simply because they are totally dependent on Him and His wisdom. So, remain that way. Wait on Him and you will renew your strength each day.

You are God's masterpiece. You don't need to be like him or like her. You don't need to always be appreciated in the eyes of people. Maybe your work here is backstage. But remember, that nothing can be done without the invested efforts of the people working backstage. Your reward is far greater than what you expect it to be.

Give yourself a break. You just need to be 'YOU'- the way God has made you, the way God loves you and the way He wants you to be- simply 'YOU'.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 139:14
    I praise you Lord because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Can we trust our healthcare system?

 Battling the horrid situation of Covid with a baby growing inside of her, she succumbed to the struggles on Saturday morning at 7. The reas...